In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities; the Directors of M & R Refurbishments Ltd have produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures.
- Providing and maintaining safe work equipment.
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work.
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility.
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform.
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate.
- Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communications of relevant information.
- Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives.
- All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health.
- Our health and safety policy will be reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.
- This statement is to be read in conjunction with the responsibilities, arrangements, procedures and guidance that together form the health and safety policy for M & R Refurbishments Ltd.
These policies and procured in addition to our good safety records have led to M&R being awarded CHAS accreditation for Health and Safety.
The policies and procedures are enforced and it is ensured that they are understood and followed by all operatives via our management structure.
The management of our Health & Safety is by detailed training at induction and throughout the year to all staff. We have a training matrix that details all operational areas where each operative is trained and where each requires training.
All management and senior staff are trained in the enforcement of Health & Safety and they assume responsibility for this within their contract workload. In addition to the enforcement of Health and Safety through risk assessments, training, we have independent monthly spot checks on site to ensure staff and sub contractors are all wearing the full complement of PPE.